Planning for a clinical trial: Bucks HSC
Date: 16 December 2019, 8:30am to 1:30pm
Venue: Diamond Room, The Gateway, Aylesbury
Planning for a Clinical Trial
This event will focus on the work carried out by our partners from the Research and Innovation Team at Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust. We will also have guest speakers from the NIHR who will give some tips on how to write grants as well as information on a few of the programmes they run.
What you will learn:
- The type of projects the Research and Innovation Team at Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust do
- What considerations need to be made when setting up a clinical trial
- How they engage patients in this process
- How the team supports healthcare related research projects locally by sponsoring (which is a legal requirement) and helping deliver in clinical areas with the clinical research delivery team.
- What is the NIHR Research Design Service
- Advice from NIHR on grant-writing and an overview of the i4i scheme
- What is the NIHR Oxford and Thames Valley ARC Applied Research Programme
Speakers will include:
- Denise Watson, Head of Research and Innovation – Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
- Sophie Hyndman, PHD, Deputy Director and Senior Research Advisor – NIHR Research Design Service South Central
- Dr. Sara Ward, Senior Manager – NIHR ARC Oxford & Thames Valley
Sign up here.