Regulation and Ethics for Med-tech Innovators and Start-ups
Date: 21 January 2020, 8:30am to 1:30pm
Venue: St Catherine’s College, The Arumugam Building, Manor Road, Oxford, OX1 3UJ
In collaboration with Oxford University, Bucks HSC Ventures is hosting an event to discuss regulatory requirements and ethical consideration for medical device and digital health innovators and startups. At this workshop you will learn about the key requirements, concepts, ethical considerations and the overall process for CE Marketing under the Medical Devices Regulation (MDR) which is required when bringing a medical device/ digital health solution to the market.
Who should attend?
People who are working in the area of medical devices / digital health solutions, including: academic researchers, clinicians, science students, innovators, start up’s, SME’s, research council, research services and tech transfer support.
What will you learn?
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify if a device/ digital health solution is a medical device
- Classify a medical device according to the Medical Device Regulation (EU) risk levels
- Plan the next steps in the regulatory pathway
- Describe the key requirements and concepts within the Regulations
- Recognise the ethical considerations when bringing a medical device/ digital health solution to the market.
Sign up here.