NIHR Artificial Intelligence for Multiple Long-Term Conditions
The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) invites proposals to undertake programmes of research to spearhead the use of artificial intelligence (AI) methods to develop insights for the identification and subsequent prevention of multiple long-term conditions (multimorbidity) or MLTC-M.
In order to facilitate new collaborations and build capability, this call has a two-stream approach.
1. Research Collaboration – existing groups can apply for full Research Collaboration funding, building on their strong base of multi-disciplinary researchers and bringing on board new disciplines to meet the remit of the call, as required. Awards of £2.5-5m will be available for up to 36 months for a full Research Collaboration in wave 1.
2. Development Award – applicants who are interested in applying but need more time and resources to develop a competitive proposal, may apply for a preparatory Development Award of up to £120k for 8 months before applying for a full Research Collaboration of £2.5-4m over up to 30 months at wave 2. Development Award holders will submit their full Research Collaboration application to the Wave 2 call.
For more information see here.
The Health Foundation Advancing Applied Analytics programme
The Health Foundation are looking to support teams who are working on local innovative and ambitious projects that can demonstrate how they will improve analytical capability in support of health and care services.
They have £750,000 of funding to support up to 12 good quality projects across the UK that:
- Are led by a local/regional NHS or social care provider or commissioning organisation including local authorities, though partnerships with other groups and sectors are welcome
- Could benefit from funding of up to a maximum of £75,000 per project
- Start no later than October 2020 for a maximum duration of 15 months.
For this round they are particularly interested in:
1. Projects that help senior managers and clinicians understand the value of better analytics.
2. Projects that demonstrate a clear path from the initial project to longer-term and sustainable change beyond the life of the individual project.
More information can be found here.
Competition opens: Open now
Competition deadline: No deadline
See the latest AHSN funding newsletter here.