Artificial Intelligence Health and Care Award
The AI Award will make £140m available over three years to accelerate the testing and evaluation of the most promising AI technologies which meet the strategic aims for the health service as set out in the NHS Long Term Plan. The Award will focus on problems and solutions identified by the NHS, and the initial four areas of focus will be screening, diagnosis, decision support and improving system efficiency.
They will support AI technologies across the spectrum of development, from initial feasibility to evaluation within clinical pathways in the NHS and social care settings, to the point that they could be nationally commissioned. Key areas of focus include screening, diagnosis, decision support and system efficiency. Applications may be submitted by an SME, an NHS Trust or service provider or a Higher Education Institution.
Competitions will be run at least twice yearly through an open process to identify appropriate AI technologies. See the dates for our funding competitions.
They will be holding a launch event on Monday, 3 February, in London. Please visit Eventbrite for further details.
They will also run a series of WebEx events open for applicants to address queries about the AI Award and application process. The dates are as follows:
- Tuesday, 4 February, 11:00 – 12:00
- Tuesday, 11 February, 11:00 – 12:00
- Tuesday, 18 February, 11:00 – 12:00
- Tuesday, 25 February, 11:00 – 12:00
For more information see here.
The Health Foundation Advancing Applied Analytics programme
The Health Foundation are looking to support teams who are working on local innovative and ambitious projects that can demonstrate how they will improve analytical capability in support of health and care services.
They have £750,000 of funding to support up to 12 good quality projects across the UK that:
- Are led by a local/regional NHS or social care provider or commissioning organisation including local authorities, though partnerships with other groups and sectors are welcome
- Could benefit from funding of up to a maximum of £75,000 per project
- Start no later than October 2020 for a maximum duration of 15 months.
For this round they are particularly interested in:
1. Projects that help senior managers and clinicians understand the value of better analytics.
2. Projects that demonstrate a clear path from the initial project to longer-term and sustainable change beyond the life of the individual project.
More information can be found here.
Competition opens: Open now
Competition deadline: No deadline
See the latest AHSN funding newsletter here.